Knowing the signs and symptoms of heart attack helps us in acting fast to save the lives and to get better treatment. These symptoms are not same for everyone and some people don’t even have any symptoms. Also heart attack may occur suddenly and unexpectedly. Below are the most common symptoms of heart attack.
- Chest pain: Pain in chest is the most common symptom in many cases. It is felt at center or left side of the chest. Usually it lasts for few minutes or goes away and comes back regularly.
- Discomfort in chest: Patients may feel discomfort or squeezing or fullness in heart.
- Breath shortness: This usually occurs before chest discomfort develops.
- Pain in upper body: Pain may spread to arms, neck, back, shoulders, jaw or stomach. This pain may or may not be in combination with chest pain or discomfort.
- Lightheadedness: Dizziness or light-headed feeling or fainting with weakness is also one of the symptoms of heart attack.
- Cold Sweating: Patients may suddenly break into cold sweat. This happens mainly in women.
Early detection always helps. If you have one or more signs anytime, call for medical help immediately.